On Field Guidance
- No handshakes/Personal Contact Celebrations
- Little League promotes Sportsmanship, at end of game instead of shaking hands suggestion is lineup in dugouts and tip caps to each other
- Parents and players should leave immediately after games/practices
Return to Play
- Bring own drink from home, either single disposable container or reusable container that will be brought home and sanitized.
- No shared containers
- Label containers
- No food, gum or sunflower seeds will be permitted in dugouts or on the field.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – taking reasonable protective measures to limit risk
- Recommendation is that all managers/coaches/volunteers/umpires should wear PPE such as cloth face coverings and gloves whenever possible.
- Recommendation for players are to wear face coverings in situations where social distance is limited. Ultimately not necessary for players to wear gloves or masks in the fields, but if a family wants their child to wear a mask in the field, then it is absolutely permitted.
- Still recommending social distancing
- Spots will be marked on benches for players to be spaced following state guidelines. Limit the dugout to 1 coach.
- Each player has an assigned spot either in the dugout or bleachers (or field accommodation) while waiting for their turn to bat.
- Player Equipment
- All equipment should be properly spaced out to avoid close contact with players outside of dugout.
- All sharing of equipment is discouraged. Players should have their own Helmet, Glove, Bat, Catcher’s equipment.
- Each team will be provided with 2 sets of catchers equipment. Each set must be sanitized after each game and practice.
- Umpires need to limit contact with the ball.
- Players should retrieve foul balls opposed to fans/spectators.
- Players must avoid licking their fingers.
- No spitting at all times especially dugout and playing surface.
Game Operations and Umpire Guidance
- Pre-Game Plate Meetings
- Coaches stand outside corners of batters box if need be. One manager and umpire only
- Players should not be included in plate meeting
- Recommendation is face mask is worn
- Equipment Inspection
- Umpire should avoid contact with equipment when it is called for an inspection
- Field Preparation and Maintenance
- Fields should prepped and lined in advance to games before everyone shows up.
- Any equipment used needs to be sanitized before and after use
- Umpire Placement
- Recommendation to position behind pitchers mounds
- Keep safe distance from players if at all possible and wear gloves if possible. Recommendation is to wear facial covering for duration of the game.
Facility, Fan, and Administrative Guidance
- Guidelines have been reviewed by the CDC. Resources are at CDC.GOV
- Clean and Disinfect
- Players will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer when returning from the field and when leaving the dugout.
- Spreading out Scheduling of Practices and Games
- Follow Local and State Guidelines, number of people allowed to gather.
- Time between games and practices to allow one group to completely vacate before next group arrives
- Limit warm up to 30 minutes
Limiting Spectator Attendance
- Bleachers may be utilized for players only. Spectators will be encouraged to bring their own chairs
- Practice social distancing, six feet away from families, highly encourage to wear facial coverings
- Recommendation to mark these locations
- The city is not providing portable toilets to public parks. We understand this could be a potential problem. For now we ask you to please plan ahead. We will work to find a solution to this problem.
- As of now the concession stand will not be operational
Promote Everyday Preventative Actions
- Common sense hygiene, social distancing, if feeling sick, have temperature, showing any symptoms, please do not visit the field
- During phase 2, only 25 participants are allowed on each playing surface.
- Each team will be issued their own practice balls (as we always have)
- No scrimmages, no officiated games allowed.
- Players’ equipment to remain outside of field, separated at least 6 ft
- During Phase 3, 50 participants are allowed on each playing surface.
- Bleachers and dugout area will be designated for players only so we can separate the players.